A little care can go a long way in prolonging the usable life of your garments. Here are some tips to get the most out of your wardrobe:
- Clean garments frequently to keep them fresh and crisp looking. Not only do stains set with age, ground-in dirt and soil act as an abrasive, causing rapid wear of fibers. Insects also are attracted to soiled clothes and will cause further damage.
- Always clean matching items together. (This is also a good tip for household items.) Some dyes may fade with repeated cleaning, causing color variances in matching items that were not cleaned together.
- If you spill something on your clothes, always blot the stain, don't rub. Rubbing stains can cause color loss and fabric damage.
- To minimize color loss, skin preparations should always be applied to the skin and never directly onto garments.
- Don't skimp on cleaning your clothes. Give all specialty items (evening wear, wedding dresses, etc.) the attention and professional care they deserve.
- Always clean clothes before storing them to prevent stains, color loss, and fabric damage.
- Atmospheric conditions may contribute to discoloration and in some cases fabric damage. When storing clothes in a closet, minimize direct sunlight and don't expose them to bright artificial light.
Always discuss potential problems with your cleaner. The more information you provide the better service we can give your clothes.